Friday, April 13, 2007

We arrived in Cadaques and found a hotel called "Hotel Misty" which in German means "Hotel Shitty". Charming. The place is nice but slept "Misty" like, and am now waiting for our free breakfast. Can't wait... Hope it's not "Misty" as well. Went out last night and had seafood paella. Fantastic!! The moon rose over the darkening city full and golden. The sea lapped up on the shore calmly. Muriel, her parents, tatie Danielle and I sat outside overlooking all this. Incredible. I explained three times this morning that the women's soccer teams from Australia and Germany are playing and Germany's team is leading the game. They asked "Oh the amateur?" I said, "No, the Olympics." They said "Who?" I said the women's soccer team for the Olympics." They said "Germany?" "Yes... and Australia." I replied. They said "The World Cup?" "No... the Olympics." I said starting to wonder what I had gotten myself into. "OH! Yes, yes, yes ok..." 10 minutes later...

No comments: